? Online tickets booking
How to book a ticket online
To book your ticket online you may choose the search engine on the PolishTrains website.
Upon acquiring the search list results pick the desired connection by pressing on the select button that will take you to the booking form.
Upon the form completion you need to transfer money for the booked ticket. The ticket payment is the ticket booking confirmation at the same time.
How to transfer money for the railway ticket
The ticket payment may be done by completing the booking form. The buyer may choose from four possible choices:
- pay by debit or credit card
- swift payment via your bank website
- BLIK code payment in your mobile bank app
- twist payment without providing any sensitive data, paid within 21 days
The railway ticket booking confirmation is performed upon the the ticket payment. The electronic confirmation is sent to the customer via email provided in the booking form.
Every booking holds its unique booking number (string of numbers – M) allowing to client identification. The number is located in the topic of confirmation.
The booking is not a ticket. The ticket is attached to the email message sent to the client on the email address provided above.
It is to be accessed at any time on the train by the ticket inspector in paper or mobile form with an ID holding a picture to identify the passenger.
When will I receive email with the attached ticket?
The booking confirmation will be sent with the attached ticket, immediately to the email address provided upon the ticket payment performance.
The confirmation does not equal the ticket. The electronic PDF file ticket is attached to the email message.
What is an electronic ticket?
Electronic ticket is sent to the Customer upon the payment performance to the email address and the text message phone number provided in the form.
The electronic ticket is to be accessed ready by the ticket inspector on the train on your mobile or in printed form and ID document with a photo to confirm the ticket holder identity.
How to book a group ticket?
Single ticket is limited to 6 travellers at the most. Should the number exceed the allowed maximum number, one should use the contact form.
Groups exceeding 11 individuals may benefit from the special group offer. While travelling in large groups you may not use the promotions, which means the ticket price is not influenced by the date purchase.
The group ticket is subtracted from the regular price as follows:
- 80% – Monday to Thursday and Saturday journeys
- 85% – nFriday and Sunday journeys
Apart from that, one of 20 person traveling by train within the group offer, is entitled to free train ticket.
The ticket invoice
To have an invoice issued for the tickets, one needs to check the Issue the invoice box in the booking form and provide any data required in the invoice form.
To do that, you need to provide your tax identification number, company name and address.
The invoice is sent to the customer via email message, immediately with the ticket upon the payment performance.
Why my booking has not yet been confirmed?
The booking train ticket confirmation is performed upon the ticket payment.
The electronic confirmation is sent to the customer via email provided in the booking form. Every booking holds its number allowing it to identify the customer. The number is located in the topic of confirmation.
Failure in ticket payment equals failure in the ticket confirmation.
Why the price ticket changed in the booking form?
The price tickets are being presented in the real time.
The carrier may change the ticket price depending on the date prior to train departure.
The price ticket in the form presents the real price for first and second class, including any discounts applicable for a ticket.
ONLINE TICKETS BOOKING
? Online tickets purchase
When can I buy a ticket the earliest?
When it comes to national travels (Poland), you may only book the tickets within the nearest 30 days prior to departure.
When it comes to abroad journeys, you may book depending on the carrier, they may be within 30, 60 or 120 days prior to departure.
Do I have to print my ticket?
The purchased ticket is sent to to customer’s email address as a PDF file. Which means that as far as it is the Polish trains ticket, you may display it on your mobile or tablet, there’s no need to print it.
The electronic tickets have special QR codes that could be scanned by the ticket inspector on the train. The international tickets must be printed in the A4 sheet format.
Is my ticket valid for all connections on a given route?
Ticket are solely valid for the routes it has been issued for. It allows you to travel on the given route, time and the train it has been issued for, there is also the seat number printed on it.
No open type tickets in Polish railways.
How many people can I buy a ticket for?
The single ticket is limited to 6 people. The person who has been entered as the main traveller must be present personally on the journey as their name is on that ticket.
Should the number exceed the allowed maximum number, one should use the contact form contact form.
Are the seats next to each other?
As far as possible, the system tries to allocate seats automatically in the first place, so that people traveling on one ticket have seats next to each other. If this is not possible, the system may allocate places in different locations.
In case of larger than 6 people booking, one has to book other ticket and check the booking next to the booked seat box and enter the seat number from the previous ticket or use the large group form.
Can I buy a ticket on the behalf of other person?
Yes. The ticket has to be issued on the behalf of a person as the main traveller.
So, you may purchase a ticket for other person, mind to type in the right data as well as indicating the right ticket type.
Why are different ticket prices for the same connection?
The ticket price consists of various aspects:
- Train type – The ticket prices to travel the same train type (Pendolino, Intercity or TLK) differ due to the standard and time travel.
- Arrival date – The rather the time of arrival the cheaper the tickets and one may acquire them in good prices. One needs to remember that as far national (Poland) connections are considered the booking possibilities are limited to no sooner than 30 days prior to departure.
- The class standard
- Type of discount
The visible price is calculated automatically taking into account all of the above factors.
What is the transaction fee?
The transaction fee consists of: ticket price and non-refundable transaction payment to enable User to use the PolishTrains website as well as after-sales ticket service.
Is it possible for other person to travel with my ticket?
While travelling with a given ticket, the ticket holder should be present on the board as the main passenger.
In case the main passenger fails to travel, one needs to contact the customer service to change the personal data. The carrier allows for the single data change.
In case of the group ticket, the fellow passengers are not listed on the ticket and their presence on the board is not obligatory.
I have, accidently, deleted my email with attached ticket, what can I do?
You need to contact the customer service to reissue your deleted ticket.
While doing so, one needs to present their booking number, email and personal data of the main passenger. Those data will allow to verify in the system and reissue the deleted ticket.
I have lost my ticket, what can I do?
You need to contact the customer service to reissue your deleted ticket.
While doing so, one needs to present their booking number, email and personal data of the main passenger. Those data will allow to verify in the system and reissue the deleted ticket.
Does the price include a meal?
A meal is not included in the price. The price includes the booking fee as well as the travel costs. Some types of trains, like Intercity and Pendolino have additional restaurant wagons, where you may purchase your meal on the spot.
In case of the Pendolino train in the first class, the price includes a beverage to choose (coffee, tea, water) and one meal.
Can I buy the transit ticket?
The transit ticket is available online.
To purchase the ticket one needs to contact the customer service consultant via form available on the website and provide the following data as initial and destination station as well as the date and the time to be covered on the ticket.
ONLINE TICKETS PURCHASE
? Online payment
Types of payments
The ticket booking needs to be confirmed by payment. Travellers have the following options at their disposal:
- Online transfer – safe online transfer from your bank
- Payment by card – safe payment by debit or credit
- BLIK – safe and swift payment via mobile application from your bank
- TWISTO – 21 days deferred payment
Can I transfer the money?
Yes, to transfer the money select ONLINE TRANSFER while completing the booking form at the train ticket purchase stage.
Upon the payment method selection you need to pick your bank icon and click on BUY that takes you to your bank website. Upon the payment is done, the electronic ticket will be sent to you via email.
Can pay by card?
Yes, to pay by card select CARD PAY while completing the booking form at the train ticket purchase stage.
Upon clicking on PAY button takes you to card payment form where you need to type in the card holder details. Upon the data is typed in confirm your transaction by clicking on PAY button. Upon the payment is done, the electronic ticket will be sent to you via email.
Online BLIK payment
Yes, to pay by BLIK method select BLIK while completing the booking form at the train ticket purchase stage.
Upon clicking on PAY button takes you to payment website form where you need to type in the BLIK number generated by the app. Upon the number has been typed in you need to confirm your choice by clicking on CONFIRM button. Upon the payment is done, the electronic ticket will be sent to you via email.
Online TWISTO payment
Selecting the TWISTO payment you need to click on BUY button, and then provide your email address to which a link to pay for your ticket will be sent. The buyer has 21 days to complete the payment.
The purchased ticket will be sent to you by email immediately upon the TWISTO payment completion.
How and when may I be refunded for the returned ticket?
Money will be returned to an account or card that were used during the payment stage. Refund occurs immediately after the return confirmation.
The refund period operation may last up to 3 labour days.
? Discounts and reductions
What type of discount am I entitled to?
Various factors may influence the ticket reduction like age, citizenship or any other documents entitling you to benefit from the given reduction. The most popular online train ticket reductions are as follows:
- Regular tariff – for travelers without reductions
- Children/Youth – Children and youths between 4 – 24 years old with the valid Polish school ID
- Children up to 4 years old – infants and children up to 4 years old
- Students – students up to 26 years old with the valid polish university ID or ISCI together with a permanent residence card in Poland
- Doctoral students – Doctoral students up to 35 years old with the valid doctoral ID
- Elderly – Travellers above the 60 years of age
- Disabled – children, youths, guardian – Disabled children and youths up to 24 years old, students up to 26 years old and a parent or child, youth or student guardian.
How to buy a ticket for a child up to 4 years old?
To travel with a 4-year old child one needs to buy a ticket with the 100% reduction.
To do that select Children up to 4 option. You may purchase the ticket with the regular adult ticket or by typing the already purchased adult ticket number providing the seat next to is not taken.
How to buy a ticket for a disabled person and a guardian?
To buy the disabled person and the guardian ticket you need to select appropriate reduction option Disabled – children, youth, guardian.
The reduction applies to disabled children and youth up to 24 years old, students up to 26 years old and their parents and guardians. Tickets for other types of reductions may be ordered via contact form.
How to buy a ticket for an elderly person?
To buy an elderly person ticket select the appropriate option on the website. The 30% discount is subtracted from the regular price, which means that no further reductions apply. The discount is applicable both for Polish and foreign passengers.
Do the reductions apply to foreigners?
Depending on reduction, discounts may apply to foreigners, as well:
- Ticket for a child up to 4 years old – children up to 4 years old
- Children and youths – children up to 7 years old
- An elderly person ticket – individuals above 60 years old
In other reduction options, a travel has to hold appropriate documents issued by the government of Poland entitling to benefit from discounts and reductions.
Do reductions apply to groups?
No reductions and discounts apply in group travels, which means that date does not impact the ticket price, whatsoever. The ticket price for groups is subtracted from the regular price as follows:
- 80% – for Monday to Thursday and Saturday connections
- 80% – for Monday to Thursday and Saturday connections
Apart from that one person in 20 train passengers is entitled to travel free within the group ticket.
DISCOUNTS AND REDUCTIONS
? Return and ticket exchange
How can I return my ticket?
To return a ticket train use the online Ticket return and exchange form.
The ticket may be returned up to 20 minutes prior to planned train departure. The ticket is refunded but the fee charged by a Carrier as well as the EuroPodroze service.
How much does it cost to return the ticket?
The national ticket refund charged by a Carrier equals 15% of the regular price and the transaction fee charged by PolishTrains service at 10% off the ticket price.
How and when do I receive the money for the returned ticket?
The amount shall be returned to an account or card within 3 labour days from the ticket return. The refund operation occurs immediately after the confirmation by the customer.
How may I exchange my ticket?
To exchange a ticket train use the online Ticket return and exchange form. The ticket may be returned up to 30 minutes prior to planned train departure.
You may change the following data: :
- type of discount (depending on the connection)
- passenger name and surname
The change ticket may not differ in the number of passengers as well as departure and arrival stations.
Upon the changes confirmation and possible additional payment, the changed ticket will be sent via email and text message.
Can I change surname in my ticket?
Carrier allows for single name and surname change of the main passenger. To do that use the appropriate form of ticket exchange.
How much does it cost to exchange my ticket?
- If the ticket price is the same as the exchanged ticket then the exchange is free of any payments and is performed immediately upon the form of exchange receipt.
- f the exchanged ticket price is higher than previous ticket then you should pay the price difference via surcharge link. The surcharge link will be sent to your email address upon the form completion and ticket exchange confirmation. Upon the surcharge has been paid, the ticket will be sent to your email and text message.
- If the price of the exchanged ticket is lower than the previous one then the amount difference will be returned to your account or card used at the purchase.
How can I complain the unused ticket?
In case you failed to use your ticket, you may complain it contacting the carrier via PolishTrains website. To do that email us at firstname.lastname@example.org :
- the ticket confirmation of the unused ticket that you may acquire at the ticket inspector while on the train or at the ticket office within the ticket validity period. The validity period means the date and time of the given route travel termination.
- hort description of why the ticket has not been used. The validity period means the date and time of the given route travel termination.
The carrier reserves the right to respond within 30 days.
RETURN AND TICKET EXCHANGE
? Travel planning
How to find a connection?
The train timetables as well as the train ticket prices for selected days and routes are available at PolishTrains. o perform search, one needs to:
- enter the desired initial station
- select the date and departure time
- select date and time of return
- select the desired number and type of passengers
Upon clicking the SEARCH utton the available list will be displayed with the following pieces of information: ticket price, travel time and available seats on the train.
In case of no results gained – Contact us and we shall inform you about the desired connection and prepare an offer suitable for you.
Why I cannot find any connection?
- You have chosen the international train that we do not support yet. Try to find connection from one of the through stations like Warsaw, Cracow, Katowice or Poznań. Should you still haven’t found anything then try with the foreign cities like Berlin, London, Brussels, Budapest, Vienna
- Your train has not yet been available for purchase. Try to change the departure time. Booking the European countries connections in most cases tickets are sold around 30-60 day prior to departure at the latest.
- The train seats has been sold entirely or the chosen tariff has been contemporary disabled. Try to change the travel date. It is possible that the selected ticket is conditional, for example weekend prices or promotion.
How early may I purchase a ticket?
- In case of national (Poland) connections, the booking possibility is limited to connections within 30 days at the latest.
- In case of foreign connections, it is possible to book, depending on the carrier, up to 30, 60 or 120 days prior to departure.
How can I look up the seats availability on the train?
The seats availability may be looked up at the connection search list. It may be activated by clicking the SELECT button:
- low – low number of seats available
- average – a few seats are available
- high – high number of seats in each class
In the event of low availability of seats, a message may appear before purchasing a ticket stating that there is no seat guarantee. Under this circumstances one should decide to continue booking or free cancellation.
How to select the train seat?
Depending on the connection and train type the travel may select:
- preferable wagon type – open wagon or compartment wagon
- preferable location – by the window, centre, by the isle
The traveller may purchase a ticket with the seat next fellow passengers that has already purchased their ticket by selecting next to taken seat booking option and enter the taken number seat and wagon of the fellow passengers.
How to look up the most attractive ticket prices?
The ticket price may be influenced by the following factors:
- Train type – Pendolino, Intercity and TLK trains differ in comfort, travel time, which may impact the final ticket price
- Travel date -he national train tickets are available as early as 30 days prior to departure time and date. Buying tickets in advance, the travellers may benefit from the following reductions:
- 30% – 30 to 24 days prior to departure
- 20% – 23 to 16 days prior to departure
- 10% – 15 to 8 days prior to departure
- base price – a week prior to departure
- SUPERPROMO promotion – Pendolino and Intercity train tickets for international connections between the greatest cities are available at PLN 59, PLN 49 and 29 PLN until stocks are exhausted
Travel plan assistance
If you need any assistance with your travel plan:
- Contact us via form
- Contact us at email@example.com
- Call us at 703 40 20 10
Our consultants will prepare a dedicated offer at the best prices..
? Travelling by train
Documents required during the journey
The required documents are as follows:
- train ticket – printed or in your mobile device
- valid documents entitling to ticket reduction or discount
Which platform does my train leave from?
There is no information printed about the platform number on your ticket. The information may be acquired at the station ticket office, in the time table post or by contacting the helpline.
Facilities for the disabled
Assistance help – the planned departure needs to be given 48 hour prior departure
Ticket price reduction– The right to benefit from the state reductions for the disabled is applicable for the severely disabled people with the appropriate document presenting such disability and issued by Polish government agency
Priority seats – one compartment in second class wagons and at least 6 seats in second class compartment-free wagons
Travelling by train at night
The night trains from Poland offer 3 types of seats:
- sleeping compartments,
- reclining chairs
Depending on the train type the seats offer may differ. Some trains offer separate single-sex compartments – during the online ticket booking procedure customer may be asked to provide their sex, as they may be directed to male or female compartment if needs be. The ticket purchase and booking as well as the sleeping compartment seats are to be done via form.
Travelling with children by train
Passengers travelling with children may benefit from the following:
- 100% reduction for the children below 4
- 37% reduction for school children and youth
- 30% reduction with the Family Ticket
- Large Family Card
- Places with tables dedicated to families with children (Pendolino)
- Baby changing tables in toilets
- No fees for bringing an unfolded pram
- No fees for using boiling water
- Kid’s Menu in WARS (dining car)
The travellers with children should mind not to disturb the fellow passengers.
Travelling by train with animals
Small animals may be transported free of charge providing they are transported in cages and do not disturb the fellow passengers.
Bigger animals which fail to fit the cage, should have the dog transport ticket. additionally. The ticket costs PLN 15,81 and is flat-rate, which means the price does not change regardless the distance.
One should bare in mind that if any passenger objects travelling with an animal then the animal holder should follow the ticket inspector commands and take the seats indicated by him.
Areas on the train where animals are not allowed:
- restaurant car
- the seat
- on the bed in the WL car
- lying on bed in BC car
Should the passenger fail to purchase the dog train ticket, they may do it on the train at the ticket inspector. However, the ticket purchase on the board costs PLN 20 more.
Traveling with luggage
Free of charge the traveler may transport:
- easy to carry things, fitting the above-head and under the seat compartment
- ove-head and under the seat compartment
- unfolded pram when traveling with children
- one pair of skis
Additional payment requires:
- luggage that does not fit the overhead and under-the-seat compartment costs PLN 5,81 per item
- unfolded and not packed in bicycle costs PLN 9,81 per each bicycle
When transporting a luggage one needs to remember that it cannot violate the order and passengers safety on the train.
Should the passenger fail to purchase the dog train ticket, they may do it on the train at the ticket inspector. However, the ticket purchase on the board costs PLN 10 more.
What is the baggage allowance on Polish trains?
There is no luggage limit on Polish trains. However, you need to pay extra for any luggage that fails to fit the overhead or under-the- seat compartments and it is PLN 5,10 per each piece of luggage.
A traveler may transport a bike free of charge as the cabin luggage providing it fits the overhead or under-the-seat compartment and is packed in.
A traveller may transport the unfolded and unpacked bicycle in any distance providing they paid fee for that bicycle and if there is a special bicycle transport area on the train.
Trains where you may transport a bicycle:
- TLK trains – in a wagon adapted to transport bicycles or in the vestibule of the last wagon, if the train has no other place designated for transport of bicycles, tickets available for sale online and at the ticket inspector
- Intercity trains – in the class II wagon adapted to transport bicycles, tickets available for sale online and at the ticket inspector
- Pendolino trains – in the class II wagon adapted to transport bicycles, tickets available for sale online and at the ticket inspector
Does the train provide the Wi-fi?
Not every train provide free internet. PKP Intercity, introduces WiFi facility, gradually. It is available in Pendolino trains. Travellers may benefit from free internet on the following routes:
- Pendolino Warsaw – Bielsko-Biała
- Pendolino Bielsko-Biała – Warsaw
- Pendolino Bielsko-Biała – Katowice
- Pendolino Warsaw – Poznań
- Pendolino Poznań – Warsaw
- Pendolino Warsaw – Krakow
- Pendolino Krakow – Warsaw
- Pendolino Warsaw – Poznań
- Pendolino Poznań – Warsaw
- Pendolino Warsaw – Gdynia
- Pendolino Gdynia – Warsaw
- Pendolino Warsaw – Wrocław
- Pendolino Wrocław – Warsaw
Apart from that, WiFi connection is also available on EIC trains and a few IC trains.
Is there a smoking car on the train?
On PKP trains smoking is strictly prohibited.
What to do if the train is late?
In case of a train delay listen to the announcements of the train arrival or consult at the information point or contact the helpline.
Please note that the entity responsible for the late train and is the carrier. Thus, the traveler has the right to claim reimbursement of travel expenses by way of complaint.
TRAVELLING BY TRAIN
Types of trains in Poland
Intercity – operating in Poland belong to the category of Intercity trains launched by rail carriers in various European countries. The train features low number of train station stops and high top speed, which makes them the high speed train connections.
Pendolino – The Express InterCity Premium train also known as Pendolino. The PKP Pendolino service connections between the biggest cities in Poland, connecting north and south of the country. The PKP Pendolino travel belongs to the most comfortable and convenient one thanks to the speed up to 250 km/h!
TLK – The TLK trains, meaning Twoje Linie Kolejowe (Your Railway Trains) an offer providing long distance travel at the low ticket price. The train stops at each train station and runs frequently.
What is the difference between 1st and 2nd class?
The first and second class depends on the train type:
- Intercity trains – In the first class Intercity train the cars are compartent-free. Each chair is adjustable and has the individual lamp. Travellers may benefit from the minibar. It is also possible to buy seats in the Manager Compartment. In the second class of the train there are both compartment-free and compartment cars. All are equipped with air-conditioning, toilets as well as mobile range enhance devices.
- Pendolino trains – The Pendolino first class cars is the highest standard available in Poland trains. Wide space between the seats as well as adjustable chairs make the journey extremely convenient. Apart from that the travellers get from free hot and cold beverage and a snack. In the second class the passengers may also benefit from some facilities. Part of the seats face each other creating the area with a table. Passengers receive one free beverage. It is also possible to have seats in the Silence Zone.
- TLK trains – the first class passengers have access to compartment-free car. In every compartment there are 6 comfortable chairs. In the second class the passengers may choose between compartment-free with double seats or compartment cars with 8
Types of cars
There are two base types of cars:
- compartment free car (Pendolino, Intercity)
- compartment car (Intercity, TLK)
On some trains there are sleeping or bicycle transport cars.
Why does the train not stop at all stations?
PKP Intercity as well as Pendolino train travels feature short travel time because of the high top speed and little substation on the route. The trains only stop in bigger cities which safes time.
The TLK trains – Your Railways Trains – features longer time travel and more substations. The train stops at all train stations through which the route leads.
Is there a WARS dining car on the train?
The WARS dining car has been included in all EuroCity (EC) and EuroNight (EN) trains, and some other trains running across Poland. In case of national connections, the dining car is included on Intercity and Pendolino trains.
? Travelling abroad
How and when to plan a journey?
While planning the journey one needs to remember that particular European carriers provide ticket sales in various dates.
- In case of national (Polish) connections, the booking possibility is limited to any travels up to 30 days prior to departure.
- In case of abroad travels, the booking possibility depends on a carrier and may be booked 30, 60 or 120 days prior to departure.
Do I qualify for the same discounts abroad?
Not all the discounts valid nationally will apply abroad.
Applicable discounts abroad:
- The 4 year-old child ticket – up to 4 years old
- Children and youth – children up to 7 years old
- he elderly person ticket – individuals beyond 60 years old
In case of other reductions and discounts, a person is required to hold the appropriate documents issued by the government of the given country certifying the right to use the discount.
How to buy and receive the ticket?
A ticket train may be booked online via the appropriate search engine available at EuroPodróże. Upon receiving the list of results, select the connection using the „select” button redirecting you to the booking form. Upon the form completion one needs to pay for the booked ticket. The ticket payment equals the ticket confirmation.
The booking confirmation will be sent to your email address upon the transfer payment compilation. The confirmation does not equal the ticket. Ticket will attached to that email message in PDF file format. One needs to print it and have it available while travelling.
J In case of no messages receive – Contact us and we shall inform you of the available connections and compose the offer for you.
What are the types of foreign tickets?
In European ticket booking system you may have three type of tickets available..
Ticket with reservation
It is a valid ticket on the route on the given day. The tickets provides the following information: train number, departure time, car number and the seat number. This type of ticket may not be used while travelling other type of train – even on the same route. The ticket with reservation is sent to a customer in the form of electronic document or two documents. One document is valid on such trains as TGV, Eurostar, or Thalys, for example.
The open ticket
It is a ticket issued on the given route but no departure time is given. A passenger may choose any train on the route providing it does not require reservation. Such ticket does not have the seat number printed – the traveler chooses the seat on their own in the given class.
It is possible that you may travel on the given route using two or more different types of tickets. For example, travelling from Lyon to London, on the Lyon-London route the traveller will need TOD ticket for the TGV train, while from Paris to London they will need printed electronic ticket for the Eurostar train.
Types of tickets and shipping
It is a ticket sent to a customer to the given email address. The ticket needs to printed and available on the train. The ticket may be printed both in colour and black and white form. For the time being no mobile devices tickets are valid.
Few carriers require traditional paper tickets to be presented. If so, the ticket is sent to a customer to the post address given in the booking process.
A ticket printed at the station
So called TOD (ticket on departure) is the ticket printed at the railway station. During the online booking, the customer receives booking number to their email address together with the detailed instruction of how to print the ticket at the station.
How to print a ticket at the station?
You need to note down your booking number and have it with you at the station – only then you will be able to print your ticket. Such tickets are available for Eurostar and TGV trains, for example, contemporary only in France, however, the number of stations with the printers is growing – soon they will be available in other countries. The TOD ticket is to be printed minimum 30 minutes prior to departure time.
In what currency will I pay for the ticket?
The ticket prices for the abroad connections are presented in Polish currency.
Therefore, you may only pay in one of the method in that currency while booking a ticket online.
Travelling by night
Night trains are very comfortable way of travelling. The trains are equipped properly to the night travel so the passengers may sleep while travelling. It is also the safe way of travelling – the trains are constantly monitored, luggage may be locked in the special safe closets, and on some route the train manager will keep your documents.
Many traveller value such night trains due to the fact that they safe time and money. Travelling by night will save your day that you would have to spend otherwise. Above that, you will safe the hotel fee – on a return ticket you may save the two night fees.
Types of sleeping seats
The night trains offer variety of seats – depending on the train type you may have sleeping compartments, deluxe sleeping compartments, berths as well as reclining seats at your disposal.
City Night Line
For example, City Night Line trains running between Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Denmark, Switzerland and the Czech Republic offer four types of seats:
- Deluxe sleeper car It is the highest travelling standard. The compartments are air-conditioned, each passenger gets their own bedclothes set, cosmetics, each compartment has its own toilet and a shower, the ticket price includes breakfast that is served in the compartment. The compartments are 3-person, and the beds are 190 x 80 cm. .
- Sleepers These are also air-conditioned, locked compartments with bedclothes, breakfast served in the compartments. The beds are 190 x 70 cm.
- Berths (couchetter) Six-person sleeping compartments. Each passenger receives bedclothes and cosmetics.
- Folding seats Air-conditioned wagons, the travelers have access to toilets, blankets available at the request.
- Reclining seats it offers the reclining seats, free press, toilets available in every wagon.
The night train running on France – Spain route, offers three classes:
- Gran Class – 2 or 3-person compartments, toilets and showers in every compartment, lunches and breakfasts included in the ticket price, free press.
- Club Class – offers male and female compartments, sex division is not obligatory if the entire compartment is booked by a group, breakfast included in the ticket price, toilets are located at the end of the wagon.
- Tourist Class – Tourist Class – 4-person compartments, sex division is obligatory unless it is booked by a group.
The Thello trains run between France and Italy:
- Sleeping compartments – it offer single, double and 3-person compartments (T3). Air-conditioned compartments, locked, travellers receive bedcloth sets, washbasin in every compartment, free breakfasts served in the restaurant car.
- Berths T4 – air-conditioned 4-person berth compartments. Possible to book female only compartment. /li>
- Berths T6– air-conditioned 6-person berth compartments. Possible to book female only compartment.
The luggage allowance per person differs on the type of train. Usually they are two large pieces of luggage per person. Depending on the train type, the travellers may place their luggage on the overhead compartment, behind the seats or purposefully indicated areas located at the end of the wagon.
During your booking process you will be informed on the luggage allowance in the given train and route. .
Number of baggage items Weight Size Eurostar 2 x main baggage
1 x hand baggage
30Kg 85 cm: max. Length of the longest edge* City Night Line 1 x main baggage
1 x hand baggage
Luggage can be placed under the bed, couchette or seat, as well as in specially designated areas. Train staff may refuse to carry luggage that is too large, which will not fit in the designated areas. Renefe 2 x main baggage 20kg 85 cm: max. Length of all edges* AVE 2 x main baggage 20kg 250 cm: max. Length of all edges TGV 2 x main baggage
1 x hand baggage
85 cm: max. Length of all edges* Thalys 2 x main baggage
1 x hand baggage
85 cm: max. Length of all edges* ICE 2 x main baggage
1 x hand baggage
85 cm: max. Length of all edges*
* Transporting luggage whose one edge exceeds 85 cm may require paying an additional fee or refusing to carry your luggage. The baggage should have such a weight that the passenger can carry it freely.
On TGV, Thalys and ICE trains the luggage personal data labeling is obligatory – each piece of luggage should have a separate tag.
On the ICE trains locked luggage compartments are located. The deposit is returned upon the luggage receipt.
No dangerous items may be brought onto a train. They are, among others: all kinds of weapon and ammunition, burning, explosive or radioactive materials.
The luggage should always be kept under the passengers care on the train, at all times. The train staff bears no responsibility for any damage or theft.
European railways are modern means of transport that provides the highest travelling standards. Regardless the train type – fast, night or panoramic trains – carriers offer comfortable services where passengers may enjoy their journeys.
On the most of European trains smoking is strictly prohibited. The trains that allow smoking will always provide non-smoking cars.
Trains are air-conditioned, and many of them – TGV trains, for example adjusts the air-conditioning to the number of travellers – which provides optimal travelling conditions and optimal energy consumption.
Luggage without limits
The ticket price includes luggage transport. You do not have to pay additionally as in the air line services. Additionally, most of the carriers do not introduce the weight limitations – the only condition is that a passenger may carry their luggage freely and place it the designated area, on the overhead compartment, for example. On most trains, a traveller may carry 2 large pieces of luggage and one hand luggage.
Most of the European carriers provide dining cars or mobile buffet on the train, where you may purchase beverages and snacks. The first class passenger may usually receive free meal – like breakfast on night trains.
Family with children facilitie
Passengers travelling with children may use additional facilities like baby changing areas, bottle heaters, or additional space for the family.
Modern European trains provide comfortable chairs, usually reclining ones, foldable tables, power supply sockets access. On most of the trains the first class passengers may benefit from single seats with additional space.
The service offer depends on the train, class and tariff. May also differ depending on the country and route. At the train ticket booking process the passenger will be informed about the services scope on the given train.
Is there a check-in on trains?
On some routes the check-in is obligatory.
It is mostly applicable on the trains running on international routes like Eurostar. The passengers travelling by the train have to check-in at least 30 minutes prior to a train departure. Traveller holding the Business Premier class ticket may check-in 10 minutes prior to the train departure, at the latest. The passenger will be informed in the documents confirming the purchase of the ticket about the necessity of earlier check-in.
heck-in is also obligatory on Spanish AVE trains – tickets and passports are checked at the station, before boarding the train. The check-in gate is opened 30 minutes prior to the departure and closed 2 minutes prior to the departure.
Bare in mind that on many trains the doors are closed two minutes before departure, therefore travellers should arrive earlier.
High speed trains
High Speed Trains means such trains where the top speed may exceed 300 km/h. The first trains in Europe running with such speed were launched in France, called TGV, in the 80’s. Contemporary, many European countries offer those modern services providing fast travelling.
The most popular high-speed trains in Europe include: TGV, Eurostar, Thalys, AVE, ICE (InterCity Express).
Famous Swiss panoramic trains is the unique way to admire the Alps. They reach the most incredible regions, among the snow-covered peaks, travelling through the mountainous valleys, bridges and ravines.
The panoramic trains are the part of the Swiss public transport – Swiss Travel System, which includes railways, buses, ships and cable cars.
The most popular panoramic trains include:
The train takes off from St. Moritz, Chur or Davos and for more than seven hours it runs through 91 tunnels and almost 300 bridges, providing amazing views.
The characteristic yellow train runs between two historic cities – Montreux and Lucerne, picturesquely located on the lakes – Geneva and Four Cantons.
A spectacular route that begins in the snowy land of Swiss glaciers and ends in the warm, sunny Tirano, Italy.
Beautiful scenery that can be admired from behind the window of the Chocolate Train is not the only advantage. During this trip passengers have the opportunity to visit the famous Gruyeres cheese factory and the chocolate factory – Cailler-Nestle in Broc.
Wilhelm Tell Express
This is an incredible ship and train travel compilation. The routes launches in Lucerne through Fluelen to Locarno or Lugano.
Bilety kolejowe online na Szwajcarskie Pociągi Panoramiczne dostępne są w sprzedaży online w serwisie PolishTrains. Online train tickets for Swiss Panoramic Trains are available for sale online at EuroPodróże. To purchase a ticket and receive a journey offer, please contact us via the form.
The train ticket allowing you to travel limitlessly by train in over 30 European countries. Depending on your preferences and needs, the traveler has several ticket options to choose from:
Interrail Global Pass
The Interrail Global Pass is valid in 30 countries, such as Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, the Netherlands, Spain, Luxembourg, Macedonia (Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia), Germany, Norway, Portugal, the Republic of Montenegro, the Czech Republic, the Republic of Ireland (and Northern Ireland), Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Sweden, Serbia, Turkey, Hungary, Great Britain, Italy.
A traveller may choose the flexi ticket type, which allows them to choose given travel days within the validity period:
- 5 days for journeys to be used within 15 days
- 7 days for journeys to use during the month
- 10 days for journeys to use during the month
- 15 days for journeys to use during the month
Travel days (day and month) are to be marked on the ticket.
The other option is the continuous ticket type – allowing for limitless travels within the given periods of time:
- 15 days
- 22 days
- 1 month
Interrail One Country Pass
One Country Pass entitles you to travel within one chosen country. A traveller may purchase flexi ticket type for 3, 4 or 8 days of travelling valid throughout a month. Unlike the continuous ticket type, it does not allow you to travel free of charge to your initial station of the country that the traveler is the citizen of. The ticket price depends on the chosen country and number of passes.
How to buy an Interrail ticket?
To buy the Interrail ticket as well as receive the travel offer, contact us through the form.
Access by train from the airport
Dedicated train stations are located in the vicinity of airports. The train allows direct access to the city center and avoids traffic jams. Our travel consultants offer assistance in the selection and purchase of a train ticket for a specific flight. To receive an offer, please use the contact form .
Where can I find the booking number?
The booking number is placed on the booking confirmation.
The electronic confirmation is sent to the email address given at the booking form completion. Each booking has its own number that allows the customer to be identified.
Where is the ticket number?
The ticket number may be viewed after opening the electronic ticket in the form of the PDF file attached to the email address given at the booking process or in the SMS message. It is a series of digits preceded by the letters EIC visible described as Ticket No.
Where can I find my ticket?
The purchased railway online ticket is sent to the Customer to the email address and SMS message to the given phone number. One needs to look up their receive box as well as the SPAM box. If the ticket is not visible, please contact customer service.
I cannot find the connection, what can I do?
- You have chosen a foreign train with a departure from Poland, the route of which is not yet operated by us. Try to find a connection from one of the interchange cities, e.g. Warsaw, Krakow, Katowice or Poznań. If you still haven’t received the result, try to search for a connection from one of the interchange cities outside of Poland, e.g. Berlin, Prague, London, Paris, Brussels, Budapest, Vienna.
- Your train is not yet available for sale. Try changing the date of travel. When booking a connection around European countries, in most cases ticket sale is available at the latest about 30-60 days from today. All seats have been bought on the train or the selected fare is currently unavailable.
- Try to change the date of travel. It is possible that the ticket you selected is subject to special conditions, e.g. weekend rates or promotions.
- If you still haven’t found a convenient connection, contact your travel consultant via the application form (link). We will prepare a personalized offer for you.
I have not received the ticket for the placed booking
The electronic ticket is sent to the Customer after purchase to the provided email address and in the form of an SMS to the given phone number. If there is no confirmation of the reservation in the inbox with the ticket attached, please check the SPAM folder or contact customer service
I bought a ticket for several people and only got one document
A maximum of 6 people can travel on one ticket. One ticket is issued for passengers from one booking to this number. Please note that the person who was entered as the main passenger during the booking must be present during the journey, because the ticket has their name on the ticket.
Payment was unsuccessful, is my ticket booking valid?
No. The ticket purchase confirmation occurs upon the successful ticket payment.
The booking confirmation with the ticket will be sent immediately upon the ticket payment conclusion. In case of payment failure, reinitiate new booking process.